ABOUT THIS EVENT
Arts & DIY
Kitsch /kiCH/ noun: art, objects, or design considered to be in poor taste because of excessive garishness or sentimentality, but sometimes appreciated in an ironic or knowing way.
In other words: pure, no pressure, over-the-top, maximalist, crazy crafting FUN!
Each meeting of Wink's Kitsch Club includes
- all supplies for a suggested kitschy project -- or 3!
- the freedom to go rogue and kitsch out on what you want,
- a few of Wink’s how-tos, tricks, and tips for the projects presented,
- flexibility to work on your projects with one-on-one support from Wink as needed,
- complimentary tea/coffee and snacks,
- fun times and hopefully new friends who also love kitsch and bling,
- and whatever other maximalist stuff we can think to include for the upcoming month!
April's spring meeting with include kitschy flowers, unicorns, fruits, and bugs!
This Club is for you if:
- sparkly is your favorite color,
- you’ve ever walked into a home décor store and thought “This gnome/cat/tree/whatever is cute but every one of them is the same. I want mine to be SPECIAL."
- you’ve wondered what could possibly fill that small space on your entryway table that would tell all your guests how much FUN you are. Or how weird you are. Or both.
- you have 10 different old, cheap sweatshirts because they are comfy but wonder how you could give them more pizazz.
- you like silly holiday headbands and décor.
- you think handmade gifts are the best gifts – especially when they are made with big, garish, shiny crazy love.
13 years or older
all materials provided
What You Can Expect From This Experience
- all supplies provided
- techniques for a couple projects
- opportunity to bling out your projects
There are currently no upcoming dates scheduled for this Dabble. Log in to an account message the host or add to your bucket list to be automatically notified when new dates are posted.
MORE ABOUT YOUR HOST
an all-you-can-make buffet of arts and crafts supplies
CRAFT is a walk-in craft room for grown-ups, owned and operated by native Austinites. We’re open six days a week for Open Crafting. We also host the best creative and yummy workshops in town!
Just walk in (no appointment needed) and we’ll give you a tour to orient you to our all-you-can-make buffet of arts and crafts supplies.
We also welcome date nights, bachelorette parties, corporate team building events, birthday parties, and any other excuse to have fun and get artsy. We are everyone’s craft room and our studio is a creative, judgment-free zone.