ABOUT THIS EVENT
Arts & DIY
In our professional opinion, alcohol inks are like the Hulk version of watercolors. The colors are extreme!, and this medium works with non-porous surfaces, meaning that you can do beautiful art on metal, glass, and more.
In this intro workshop, we will learn the basic terms, equipment, and techniques for using alcohol inks -- through both demonstration and hands-on practice. We will play with the inks to understand how they move with different pigments and dilution on our surfaces, and then we will each create two 6"x6" claybords to take home. 102 workshops (for example, making earrings and ornaments) will be coming soon so that you can dive further and further into this incredible form!
In this workshop, you will
- experiment with alcohol inks,
- choose from tens of colors,
- learn and practice several techniques for working with the inks,
- practice on paper, to get ready for your two 6x6 inch claybords,
- take home your practices and finished claybords,
- learn in a small class with one-on-one support as needed,
- leave with the knowledge to continue playing with alcohol inks and a pass to use CRAFT's alcohol inks collection and tools.
Looking for a private event? We can do alcohol inks events with 4 to 25 guests! Be in touch through Dabble.
(The second and third photos are a preview for a future 102 class. In this intro class, we'll be making art for walls and greeting cards.)
13 years or older
All materials will be provided.Cancellation Policy
Date & Time
CRAFT at Canopy
$62 per TicketBUY TICKETS
* Registration closes at the end of event
MORE ABOUT YOUR HOST
an all-you-can-make buffet of arts and crafts supplies
CRAFT is a walk-in craft room for grown-ups, owned and operated by native Austinites. We’re open six days a week for Open Crafting. We also host the best creative and yummy workshops in town!
Just walk in (no appointment needed) and we’ll give you a tour to orient you to our all-you-can-make buffet of arts and crafts supplies.
We also welcome date nights, bachelorette parties, corporate team building events, birthday parties, and any other excuse to have fun and get artsy. We are everyone’s craft room and our studio is a creative, judgment-free zone.