ABOUT THIS EVENT
Business & Technology
About This Class
Meet the programming languages that power the web, and write your first line of code.
Step into the world of web development with General Assembly. During our introductory workshop, explore the building blocks of the web — HTML and CSS — and learn how you can apply these programming languages to develop your own simple sites. By writing your own lines of code, you’ll:
- Get a closer look at how the developer community and many different fields benefit from coding knowledge.
- Learn how HTML and CSS function together to form the backbone of the web.
- Cover key coding terms and principles.
- Develop a custom, working web page from scratch.
- Gain an overview of the web development landscape and where HTML/CSS fits in the web ecosystem.
- Use HTML and CSS to mark up a basic webpage.
- Describe the different jobs that use coding or benefit from an understanding of HTML/CSS.
Prereqs & Preparation
Preparation: Please bring a laptop with Atom installed on it.
About the Instructor
Ben AustinWeb Developer
All ages welcomeCancellation Policy
There are currently no upcoming dates scheduled for this Dabble. Log in to an account message the host or add to your bucket list to be automatically notified when new dates are posted.
MORE ABOUT YOUR HOST
General Assembly is a pioneer in education and career transformation, specializing in today’s most in-demand skills. The leading source for training, staffing, and career transitions, we foster a flourishing community of professionals pursuing careers they love.