ABOUT THIS EVENT
Business & Technology
About This Class
Get creative with Adobe Photoshop.
Step into the world of visual design with General Assembly. During our introductory workshop, explore the tools and techniques you can use to bring websites, marketing materials, and more to life, and see how designers make their mark on the digital world. Working through a series of guided demos, you’ll:
- Learn the fundamentals of Adobe Photoshop, a go-to tool for digital designers.
- Touch on essential design principles including composition, color theory, and typography.
- Survey today’s digital design landscape and its career opportunities.
- Execute a creative brief using your new skills.
Chart your own career path. Pick up where this workshop leaves off. Enhance your professional skill set in our part-time Visual Design course. Or, learn more about the design world in our User Experience Design courses, on campus or online.
- Familiarize yourself with Photoshop, a standard tool in digital design.
- Describe the fundamentals of digital design
- Apply select design fundamentals into a digital design (sign up screen).
- Articulate the current design landscape, including careers and opportunities to learn more about the topic area.
Prereqs & Preparation
Students need to have the Photoshop trial downloaded and ready to go. (http://www.adobe.com/downloads.html)
All ages welcome
Computer with appropriate software (see above)Cancellation Policy
There are currently no upcoming dates scheduled for this Dabble. Log in to an account message the host or add to your bucket list to be automatically notified when new dates are posted.
MORE ABOUT YOUR HOST
General Assembly is a pioneer in education and career transformation, specializing in today’s most in-demand skills. The leading source for training, staffing, and career transitions, we foster a flourishing community of professionals pursuing careers they love.