ABOUT THIS EVENT
Arts & DIYNote: This is a multi-session event series. By purchasing the event package, you acknowledge that you can attend all event dates included below.
-- 10am-12pm Sunday Mornings- March 17, March 24, March 31, April 7th, April 14, April 21
- Introduces clay as a material, and covers basic hand building skills such as pinch pots, slab building, and coil pots. This class will also cover under-glazing and glaze. Students will complete 4-6 projects.
- Includes 25 pounds of clay and firing. $2/pound to purchase more clay (price includes glaze)
- Students have open access to the studio during open hours for the duration of the class. Open Studio Hours: Wednesday-Sunday 12-8pm.
All ages welcome
Clay, tools, glaze, and underglaze
What You Can Expect From This Experience
- Hand Building for beginners
- Lots of open studio time
- Understand clay as a material
There are currently no upcoming dates scheduled for this Dabble. Log in to an account message the host or add to your bucket list to be automatically notified when new dates are posted.
MORE ABOUT YOUR HOST
GnarWare Workshop is a Chicago based ceramics studio. This space is dedicated to providing studios, workshops, and drop-in tutorials to help artists and hobbyists work through ideas. GnarWare is committed to material and conceptual experimentation as a workshop and community gathering place. GnarWare encourages conversations around developing skills and de-skilling developments.
Liz McCarthy founded GnarWare Workshop after finishing her MFA at UIC. Her practice combines non-traditional ceramic methods with performance and photography. She received a BFA from University of North Carolina at Asheville, where she first began dabbling in clay. She regularly exhibits her installations and performances throughout the city and beyond, in the fall of 2017 she is shared her “Whistle Hangout” performance at the Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago, and created an interactive clay installation entitled “The Pen” at the Riverside Arts Center. She also teaches classes for children with Marwen, SkyArt, and C.A.P.E.