ABOUT THIS EVENT
Food & Drink
In this workshop trained chef and baking instructor, Kristin “Baker Bettie” Hoffman, will walk you through the process of baking classic French style breads from scratch. We will be baking classic baguettes, rustic Pain de Campagne, and the ultimate enriched bread: brioche. We will be working with some more advanced yeast bread techniques and pre-ferments so some knowledge of bread baking is helpful, but not absolutely necessary.
IN THIS WORKSHOP WE’LL COVER:
- What is a pre-ferment
- How to make and use a poolish
- How to shape baguettes & epi bread
- Stone baking method for crusty loaves
- Working with banneton baskets & proofing bowls
- Rustic loaf: Pain de Campagne
- Working with heavily enriched doughs
- Dark chocolate studded brioche
WHO IS THIS CLASS FOR?
This class is for 18+ and all experience levels are welcome, though some knowledge of working with yeast and bread baking is helpful.
YOUR TICKET INCLUDES:
- A 3 1/2 hour hands on bread workshop with all materials provided.
- Bread with accompaniments and coffee with be served.
- All of your bread and recipes to take home along with some yeast to get you started.
Class will be held at Get In the Kitchen Cooking in Lakeview
Feel free to use the "Message Host" button below with any questions!
All ages welcome
All equipment and ingredients.
Custom Cancellation Policy
No cancelations once tickets are purchased. If you have an extenuating circumstance, please use the “Message Host” button.
There are currently no upcoming dates scheduled for this Dabble. Log in to an account message the host or add to your bucket list to be automatically notified when new dates are posted.
MORE ABOUT YOUR HOST
Kristin "Baker Bettie" Hoffman is a trained chef, baking science geek, and the baking instructor here at BakerBettie.com. Kristin's approach to baking is to teach foundational recipes, baking techniques, and approachable baking science. Her belief is that gaining an understanding of the processes and the "whys" in baking helps foster confidence in the kitchen.