ABOUT THIS EVENT
Business & Technology
This is a virtual offering. You'll need wifi/cell service and a device with a camera (ideally your phone and a computer or tablet). You will be visible to the hosts and other attendees to make conversation more conversation'y. You should be able to attend live; this is not a replay offering.
- “I’ve heard of Stories. But I don’t do them or get them.”
- “Go ahead. Convince me that I need to 'do' Stories."
- “Why would I choose to share via Stories versus the other methods and platforms?”
- “More technology to learn?! I just switched from AOL to gmail."
- “I watch other people’s Stories and always wonder how they XYZ.”
- “Why would I spend time on something that disappears in 24 hours?"
- “It takes me 7 hours to create a Story; how does she create them so fast?”
- “I know there are Story design tricks and efficiency hacks, I just don’t know what they are.”
- “I always watch her stuff. I always skip her stuff. I want to understand why, what makes a ‘good’ story and a ‘bad’ story.”
- “How does she always get the perfect part of the song to play?”
- “How the bleep do you see the responses when you ask a Sticker Question? Also, what's a Sticker Question?”
Saya gets it. Saya was you. At first they were just circles she ignored. Then they were circles she sometimes tapped. Then they were circles she looked for. Then they were circles she created. Then they were circles others asked her about. And here we are.
I Can’t: Instagram Story is for you if you’d like to learn the ins and outs of one of the most popular and growing social media tools — personal use, professional use, a mix of both; however you want to dabble, you’ll have a-ha moments and inspiration to create your own Story goodness. This class will be of the learn and apply variety where you’re taught concepts and techniques and then little birdies, you fly off to test, tweak, and implement on your own, and we’ll regroup to share our experience and creations. Find out why it's Saya's favorite social media platform.
This is part of Mac & Cheese Productions' I Can't series
, where adults state they're unable to do something, they try it/learn about it with a bunch of other adults who also "can't," and everyone proves themselves wrong and not only does the thing, but enjoys it and says, "That wasn't so bad. In fact, kinda fun. Good for me! What's next?!" Past I Can'ts have included yoga, improv, draw, have a dog, financial planning, and buy a home.
What to Bring
Your phone with Instagram downloaded and logged intoA wifi-enabled device (computer or tablet)Note taking materialsA willingness to try, apply, and shareFood/drink if you'd like; eating during class a-ok!
All ages welcome