ABOUT THIS EVENT
Business & TechnologyNote: This is a multi-session event series. By purchasing the event package, you acknowledge that you can attend all event dates included below.
This is two-part workshop is meant to give you all the information needed to create and update a WordPress website.
Day 1: Build Your Own WordPress Website (Saturday, 11:00am - 5:00pm)
Day 2: Hands-On WordPress Training (Sunday, 11:30am - 4:00pm)
DAY 1: Build Your Own WordPress Website
You don't know how to code, but you want a beautiful & professional website for your business. That's where WordPress comes in. In this class, we'll walk through the foundations of WordPress and the creation of your own WordPress website. Using templates and tools that require no coding skills, you'll walk away with your own custom WordPress website for under $200.
Date & Time: Saturday at 10:00am - 5:00pm (Select your date via Dabble)
- Learn the difference between WordPress.com and WordPress.org
- Get hands-on experience setting up your WordPress.org website
- Learn to find and identify the best WordPress themes
- Learn to set up and customize your WordPress site with no coding required
- Walk away with a new WordPress website, ready to use or continue building
DAY 2: Hands-On WordPress Training
WordPress is an amazing website tool, but it's often frustrating to learn. During this workshop, you will gain information, tools and resources to help you confidently make updates to your WordPress.org website. Learn to update content, edit pages, and add new site features on your own.
Date & Time: Sunday at 11:30am - 4:00pm
- Learn to leverage plugins to unlock more features on your site (such as events, eCommerce and more)
- Dive deeper into widgets, settings and customization options
- Gain an understanding of WordPress Page Builders including the new Gutenberg block page builder
- Get quick answers to questions that most new WordPress users waste hours googling
- Learn about common pitfalls and how to avoid them
What to Bring
A separate purchase of a domain name and website hosting will be required for Day 1- more details will be provided before class.Details for accessing the online meeting room will be provided closer to the event.
All ages welcome
This workshop is intended for beginners. No coding skills are required.Cancellation Policy
There are currently no upcoming dates scheduled for this Dabble. Log in to an account message the host or add to your bucket list to be automatically notified when new dates are posted.
MORE ABOUT YOUR HOST
Craveity Marketing is a strategic digital marketing agency founded in 2015. We take great care in educating entrepreneurs to use strategic websites, social media and content as tools to grow their audience, communicate their mission, and make a greater impact in their communities.
Kara Buffardi is the CEO & Founder of Craveity Marketing and will be teaching this Dabble class. Kara is a marketing and advertising professional with 8+ years of experience in branding, website creation and digital marketing for small businesses to large national brands. Kara is also an instructor at General Assembly Chicago, regularly teaching classes on websites and coding.