ABOUT THIS EVENT
Arts & DIY
Stitch it, don’t ditch it! Repair what you wear! In this intimate experience, you'll learn basic survival hand sewing skills necessary for simple garment repairs.
In this class you will learn:
- Identify the properties and differences of stretch versus woven fabrics
- Learn to prepare a needle and thread for hand sewing
- Practice a few simple hand sewing stitches
- Practice sewing on a button (so it won’t fall off!)
- Learn how to apply your newfound skills to make future garment repairs
Leave the class with a stitch sampler you’ll create during the workshop and a curated resource list for help with future repairs.
All ages welcomeCancellation Policy